Meet our nurse practitioners
Stefanie DeFiglia, FNP-BC
Who Am I?
I’m Stefanie DeFiglia, FNP-BC, a family nurse practitioner. I received my clinical training at the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing in Baltimore, MD.
I have been practicing for over 14 years, first in community health in Washington, DC, then in long term care facilities all over Maryland. I have always loved my patients, but I became increasingly frustrated with the lack of time, the excessive paperwork, and the focus on treating symptoms with “band-aid” approaches. Functional medicine was the solution I was looking for, as it provides a completely different way of thinking about health and illness. It allows for me to think broader and see the connections between seemingly unrelated problems. It allows me to dig deeper, to locate the underlying causes of dysfunction, rather than just writing another prescription. I now have extensive training through the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM), the global standard in functional medicine training. My training focus has been in energy, hormone balance, and brain health.
Who do I work with?
I have a special interest in fatigue, exhaustion, and burnout. I also work with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and hormone issues of all kinds, including thyroid conditions, adrenal health, and menopause. As a micro-practice with very little staff support, I am seeing patients on a fee-for-service, or cash basis only. In return, you can expect completely individualized, patient-centered care. Please note: at this time, I am not able to see Medicare patients.
What is the Process?
1. Schedule a 90-minute Initial Consultation using the link below. Within 24 hours of booking the appointment, you will receive an email with a link to the functional medicine analysis. SCHEDULE HERE
2. Complete Functional Medicine Analysis. This must be completed 3 days prior to the Initial Consultation. The analysis takes about 45 minutes to complete, and includes questions on current symptoms, past medical history, medication use, and life stress. Completing this prior to the initial consultation allows us to use our time effectively.
3. Initial Consultation. Please bring any prior testing or consult reports you would
like reviewed. Clients have as much time as they need to tell their story. We
discuss the functional medicine analysis, review prior testing, determine if any
additional testing should be completed, and set goals. Together, we will create a
treatment plan and a follow-up schedule that works for you.
Initial Consultation and Follow-up, $385
One 90-minute initial consultation
One 45-minute follow-up to discuss test results and review progress
Functional medicine analysis must be completed online 3 days prior to initial
appointment to allow time for clinician review
Follow-up Appointments, $135 for 45 minutes
Programs available for those requiring more intensive coaching and treatment.
Contact Stefanie DeFiglia using the form below.
Danielle Cheplowitz, AGPCNP-BC
- For clients looking to conceive in the future and want to ensure that their health is optimal. The healthier a couple is prior to conception, the healthier and more vital their child will be.
- For clients who are seeking a more natural approach to conception, and who want to investigate and work on healing the underlying cause of their fertility challenges. Clients who are currently working with a reproductive endocrinologist are also welcomed, as this service is a wonderful adjunct to assisted artificial reproductive technology.
- Women in the postpartum period looking to optimize their health after baby.
- Fertility Awareness Method: How to chart menstrual cycles for birth control or for conception.
- Environmental Toxin Literacy: How to minimize your exposure to environmental toxins and how this improves your overall health and fertility.
- Please go to www.vitalaspirations.com to schedule an appointment. Once scheduled, you will receive an intake form to complete and submit. It is highly encouraged to submit this form at least 24 hours prior to your visit.
- The initial visit can take as long as 90 minutes of face to face time with me. We will review your history in great depth, and determine a plan of care moving forward. The plan will include the ordering of diagnostics, including conventional labs from LabCorp, as well as specialized functional medical testing. Some of the functional medical testing available includes stool testing for pathogens, micronutrient testing, food intolerance testing, DUTCH (hormone) testing, genetic testing, etc. A plan of care will be devised moving forward, which will include lifestyle recommendations, dietary recommendations, and supplement suggestions.
- This visit can take up to 45 minutes of face to face time, in which we will review your medication list and current health concerns. If you qualify to receive medical cannabis, your certification will be completed the same day as your visit. Follow ups are recommended annually at a minimum.
Contact Danielle Cheplowitz using the form below.