IN-DEPTH STUDY/200-HOUR TEACHER TRAINING
TAKE THE JOURNEY
DESIGNED FOR ASPIRING YOGA TEACHERS AND/OR YOGIS WHO SEEK TO DEEPEN THEIR PRACTICE AND KNOWLEDGE THROUGH A STRUCTURED CURRICULUM, THIS YOGA TEACHER TRAINING WILL SUPPORT YOU IN AWAKENING YOUR HEART AND LIVING A MORE MEANINGFUL AND EMPOWERED LIFE OF FREEDOM AND JOY.
THROUGH IMMERSION IN THE LIFE-AFFIRMING TEACHINGS OF ASHAYA YOGA, YOU WILL TRANSFORM YOUR BODY, MIND AND HEART.
This course consists of four, 5.5-day intensives over a 7-8 month period with homework between segments.
All modules meet from Tuesday to Sunday
Module 1: September 25-30, 2018
Module 2: December 4-9, 2018
Module 3: March 5-10, 2019
Module 4: May 14-19, 2019
All modules follow the same daily template found below (subject to change). All sessions will begin on time, but may extend a few minutes over the scheduled ending time as needed. Please keep your schedule clear throughout the week in order to accommodate schedule changes.
# OF HOURS
Why In-Depth Study
The curriculum of the Ashaya Yoga In-Depth Study and Yoga Teacher Training Program is rooted in the fundamentals of the practices of asana, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, and anatomy. You will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the deeper studies of yoga and build a stronger, more flexible and balanced body, a focused, clear, and calm mind, and establish yourself in your connection to spirit.
Learning to Teach Yoga
Within the supportive community environment, you will be championed to discover your own unique gifts as a teacher and learn how to offer them with confidence and clarity. You will be encouraged and supported to step into your own power and discover your authentic voice as you share the essence of yoga, which is love. The journey of becoming a Yoga teacher is one of profound transformation and radical self-discovery. It requires a dedicated practice, ongoing studentship, and a willingness to open to the creative impulse of life.
This course is registered with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level. Once you become certified, you may register with Yoga Alliance as a 200-hour level RYT. For an application, visit the yoga alliance website.
Assignments are given between segments to facilitate integration of the teachings. The homework constitutes an important aspect of the overall training and provides a structure of support for the learning process at home. The assignments include daily practice of asana, pranayama, and meditation, keeping a sadhana journal, weekly check-ins with study buddies, observation of other classes, practice teaching to friends, family, and/or students, required reading, written exercises, and take-home exams.
- Minimum 1 year of yoga experience with regular practice for the past six months, or by teacher’s permission.
- A sincere desire to learn, grow, open your heart, and be coached.
- Acceptance into the program is based upon approval of your application.
Yoga is a scientific art. Teaching is an endlessly creative journey. Our goal is to provide a structure that will serve as a springboard to your unique and creative expression as a teacher. During this course you will cultivate skills needed to teach a masterful and inspirational class, including:
- Discover your authentic voice and unique gifts as a teacher.
- Teach with confidence, clarity, and technical precision.
- Learn elegant alignment techniques that create safety and healing in poses.
- Study postures in extensive detail, including common misalignments and corrections, and use of props.
- Teach with inspirational themes and heart-oriented language that speaks directly to the heart of the student.
- Learn basic anatomy and kinesiology as related to specific yoga postures and key actions in the body.
- Explore subtle energy anatomy including chakras, nadis, kundalini, and the five koshas.
- Observation skills, demonstration, verbal and physical adjustments.
- Learn effective and creative sequencing.
- Guide powerful introductions, centerings, and Savasana
- Study yogic philosophy, including Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, and an introduction to Tantra. Learn practical ways to integrate these teachings into a yoga class.
- Receive individual coaching and mentoring within small practice teaching groups.
- Develop conscious communication skills.
- Release blocks that hold you back and learn life-affirming skills in a safe and supportive environment.
- Learn the business of yoga including professional practices and ethics.
- Be an active member of a vibrant learning community that will support you in your endeavor towards full expression.
On or before August 1, 2018, $3200
On or before September 1 2018. $3400
After September 1st, $3600.
$250 deposit due with application. The deposit is nonrefundable and nontransferable except through another Ashaya Yoga® 200-Hour TT offered by presenter.
Payment plans available for an additional $200 at each payment level. Payment plans consist of four monthly payments. Exceptions to this will be considered on a case by case basis. First payment due 7 days before the start of the first module, Sept. 18, 2018. The next three payments are monthly with specific due dates: Oct. 1, Nov. 1, Dec. 3. Late fees of $25 will be applied on all late payments. See application for details.
INTERESTED IN SIGNING UP FOR A MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will discuss options with you.
We will be hosting our training at the St. Michaels Inn, which will allow us plenty of room to move, work in groups and (maybe most importantly!) have access to the Rise Up Coffee kiosk next door! We have secured special room rates for out-of-towners ($69/per night) joining us for teacher training.
St. Michaels, Maryland is approximately 10 miles from our studio in Easton.